Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 14.07.55.jpg
1.jpg
22.jpg

Boekenhoutskloof

Boekenhoutskloof was established in 1776. Located in the furthest corner of the beautiful Franschhoek valley, the farm's name means "ravine of the Boekenhout" (pronounced Book-n-Howed). Boekenhout is an indigenous Cape Beech tree greatly prized for furniture making.

In 1993 the farm and homestead was bought and restored and a new vineyard planting programme was established that now includes Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Grenache, Semillon and Viognier.

www.boekenhoutskloof.co.za


Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 14.12.46.jpg
1.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-11-12 at 14.12.03.jpg

Groot Constantia

In 1679 the new Governor of the Cape of Good Hope, Simon van der Stel, was appointed by the Dutch East India Company. After years of loyal service, he requested land from the Company. He periodically sent out riders to collect soil samples in 1685. He chose 891 morgen (about 763 ha) situated behind Table Mountain for its wine growing potential and magnificent scenery. He named his farm "Constantia" - Latin for constancy or steadfastness - attributes that Van der Stel held in high esteem.

Over the years the wines produced on the estate have caught the attention of influential people across the globe – clearly due to its impressive quality. Global aristocracy made sure that they had enough stock of this acclaimed and precious product.

www.grootconstantia.co.za