Canti’s world is a world of style, tradition and joy for life. Each and every bottle of Canti wine strives to cultivate the living values of Italy: the deep passion for good food and wine, the sense of belonging and the attraction to beautiful things. For this reason, Canti is the very first ambassador of Italy in the world, the Italian character at the table of any special occasion.
No matter the occasion you have in mind, Canti has the right bottle of wine for you. The wide Canti range comes to answer all consumer needs and satisfy all palates, while having an excellent price positioning.
Unique and refined style, sophisticated taste, exclusive and glamorous packaging – with Canti it really takes little to feel Italian.
Tommasi viticoltori is located in Pedemonte, a small village in the heart of the “Valpolicella Classico” region, in the northwest part of Verona. From grandfather Giacomo Tommasi’s tiny vineyard, the Tommasi estate has grown steadily over the course of years and today it extends over 195 hectares of hillside vineyards blessed by Mother Nature for its perfect suitability for grapes.
The family owns vineyards on the most prestigious hills: La Groletta”, “Conca d’Oro” and “Ca’Florian”, where the grapes for the incomparable Amarone Classico, Ripasso, Valpolicella Classico Superiore and Recioto della Valpolicella wines are cultivated. The most important and prestigious wine is the stately Amarone, one of the great wines of the world. Tommasi has specialised in the production of this “Divine Nectar” for decades, and has deservedly become one of its principal ambassadors to the world.
What better way to share a beautiful story if not around a table, tasting a good wine?
Teatro Latino’s search goes on all over Italy and translates into a selection of quality wines. Each of them, so connected to their own territory to become its irreplaceable representative, narrating its stories and qualities, treasures and traditions, being a messenger of unique values, ambassador of a culture that deserves to be shared.
With Teatro Latino we pay tribute to our country, to our way of living life, made of enthusiasm, creativity and beauty. A beauty that fills our days and gives life to projects that grow with passion and always renewed pride.
We prune and select our grapes on the vine throughout the year so as to have the best possible expression of each vintage. The maximum yield allowed for the production of Brunello is 7.000 kg per hectare and we rarely pick more than 5.000 kg per hectare.
Fermentation takes place in beautiful wooden 50 HL barrels. The tannins in the oak are an anti-oxidant. This, combined with the micro-oxygenation permitted by the wood, gives wines that are more limpido with increased aromatic and tannin stability.
We work closely with our consultant enologist, Maurizio Castelli, in using large oak barrels for our wines.
Traditional aging times for Brunello are respected and the wine receives at least forty months in wood instead of the two years specified by the DOCG regulations. Il Palazzone wines are created with a long bottle aging period in mind – promising to mature and improve over the years.
In exceptional vintages our best grapes are destined for the production of our prestigious Riserva. Riserva spends a year more in wood than the vintage Brunello and is released a year afterwards.
An amazing story, for true fine red wine lovers. Mastrojanni: a historic estate and its Brunello di Montalcino, its special terroir, its very special men.
Mastrojanni has been writing history with its wines since 1975, collecting awards from all over the world.
And in those years, only a few entered the wine-making adventure in Montalcino.
Today, thanks to an exceptional terroir and men who have believed in it for decades, Mastrojanni has become one of the most respected Montalcino producers as far as wine buffs are concerned.
Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona
The estate has origins that date back to the 17th century and it still keeps its historical heritage in a building called “Palazzo” (Palace) that was built by Fabivs de' Vecchis, Bishop of Montalcino and Abbot of Sant’Antimo Abbey.
After the Bishop’s death, the Palace and the surrounding estate were auctioned according to the Italian law regarding ecclesiastic properties and on September 16, 1868, they were purchased by the countess Eva Bernini Cerretani. On December 31, 1877, the countess Cerretani sold the entire estate to the Ciacci family from Castelnuovo dell’Abate. After the marriage between the count Alberto Piccolomini d’Aragona, a direct discendent of Enea Silvio Piccolomini (Pope Pius II) and Elda Ciacci, the Bishop’s Palace became the Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona Palace.
In 1985 the countess Elda Ciacci bequeathed the entire property to Giuseppe Bianchini, farmer of the estate since a lot of years, applying a completely brand new and forefront philosophy production for that period, increasing quantity, quality of wines and opening the export worldwide. Giuseppe, unfortunately passed away in February 2004, left the business to his son and daughter, Paolo and Lucia.
Paolo Scavino is an historical winery in the Barolo region. It was founded in 1921 in Castiglione Falletto from Lorenzo Scavino and his son Paolo. Farming has always been a family tradition and passion.
Enrico Scavino together with the daughters Enrica and Elisa, fourth generation, run the family Estate. He started to work full time in the winery in 1951 when he was 10 years old. A young winemaker who inherited the passion and devotion for the land he belongs to. Through over 60 years of experience his focus has been to invest on important cru of Nebbiolo to show the uniqueness of each terroir.
Their work is inspired by the love and respect they have for their territory and they pursue purity of expression, complexity and elegance for their wines from the three local grapes Dolcetto, Barbera and Nebbiolo.
These values and culture have been carried on and never changed.
Castello di verrazzano
Official documents of the XIVth century describe the vineyards and the olive groves of Verrazzano. Giovanni da Verrazzano, celebrated navigator and discoverer of the bay of New York and the majority of the east coast of America, was born here in 1485. The famous bridge in New York was named after him in 1964.
The important Florentine family of Ridolfi succeeded to the Verrazzano after the death of the last descendant; great works and initiatives related to agriculture and culture are due to them. A special mention goes to the Marquis Cosimo, president of the prestigious Academy of Georgofili, and Luigi Ridolfi, great Florentine patron active in sport and music. In 1958 the Cappellini family took over the Castle on the road of decadence and brought it back it to its former glory by restoring the villa and rebuilding the agricultural tissue according to an ancient model. Nowadays the Castle of Verrazzano is undoubtedly one of the reference wineries in the area.
The Folonari family has been making wine since the late eighteenth century. In 1825 the family-owned business took the name “Fratelli Folonari” and adopted the mission of developing, producing and distributing the finest Italian wines throughout the world.
In 1912, Italo Folonari – Ambrogio Folonari’s grandfather – and his brother Francesco purchased the Ruffino company in Tuscany that was famous for its Chianti wine in straw-covered flasks.
After World War II, major changes in terms of economic development and improving standards of living began taking place in Italy. This also affected the wine industry where the Folonari family and Ambrogio in particular were among the first to promote this trend by producing new, high quality wines that contributed to creating the “new frontier” of the Italian wine. At the end of the 1960s the family sold the “Fratelli Folonari” company that concentrated on table wines and began devoting themselves to estate-bottled wines. This was made possible through their acquisition of the famous Nozzole estate near Greve in Chianti in the heart of the Chianti Classico district. At the same time, with the aim of producing very fine wines, they purchased other wine-growing estates in Tuscany such as Cabreothat Ambrogio developed in the 1980s.
tenute sulvio nardi
In 1950 , Silvio Nardi , father of the present owners, driven by his personal passion for wines, bought Casale del Bosco Estate, located in Montalcino. The family business was represented by the Nardi Company since 1895 – a very important building construction company for the farm industry machineries, which was located and still is in Umbria.
In 1958 , when the Brunello Consortium didn't exist yet and Montalcino wasn't but a small unknown village, the first Brunello's bottle came out from the cellars of Casale del Bosco. Nowadays, we can affirm that Silvio Nardi was the first “foreigner” to invest in the Montalcino Area.
In 1962 Manachiara Estate was bought, with its 40 hectares of vineyards, close to Castelnuovo dell'Abate, distant 25 km from Casale del Bosco. Nowadays, Manachiara vineyards gives the name to the very precious brand Brunello cru of the company.
In 1967 Silvio Nardi was amongst the founders of the Brunello di Montalcino wine Consortium.
In 1970 , Bibbiano Estate – located in the Buonconvento Municipality, was included to Manachiara and Casale del Bosco Estate . Its symbol is still the same as today: the beautiful medieval family castle of the XI century.
In 1985 Emilia Nardi , Silvio's youngest daughter, makes her entrance in the company, taking over from her father's company management since 1990 .
Emilia, together with her brothers, decides to bring important changes for the wine production process and also for the company direction. She undertakes a reorganization process, for the vineyard and for the cellar, choosing scientific researches without compromising the tradition of the company.
She's a very strong minded woman, and from her determination to emphasize the vineyards business,in 1995 she produces theBrunello in the Manachiara Vineyard . It is the symbol of the company and also the main selection of the business clones which started during that period.
Tenute Silvio Nardi is 36 vineyards of an untouched and beautiful territory. Aware of the fact of this magnificent land, Tenute Silvio Nardi aim to express in his products the the essence of the territory.